English Solutions

Thesis writing help, Dissertation Writing, MBA Essays, Essay Writing help, University Essay Writing, Essay Editing & Proofreading, Academic Writing Help, English grammar, English vocabulary, IELTS Essays, TOEFL Essays,Free online English courses,

Describe a Journey You Remember | IELTS Speaking Test Band 9 Speaking Answer




This is an example of an IELTS speaking question from Part 2 of the IELTS speaking test. IELTS candidates are given a Cue Card (question card) with a topic and they have to speak for one to two minutes about that topic.

Candidates are allowed one minute of 'preparation time' to think about their response, before the IELTS examiner asks them to start talking.


Describe a journey you remember | IELTS speaking answer

I remember one particular journey I went on when I was about six years old, with my parents.

We travelled by car up north and the thing that I remember most was the amazing scenery which was quite different from where we used to live.

I couldn’t really remember seeing big mountains before that trip, but the ones I saw were so huge and steep that I recall being seriously impressed by them.

I also saw some amazing rivers running down through the mountains and I can remember there was a waterfall, with the water cascading down the side of one of the mountains, and I also saw a lot of animals that you wouldn’t normally see living in a city.

It was a long trip, I seem to remember it took most of the day, although we stopped every now and then to take a break and have something to eat before continuing.

I remember that for a lot of the time I just sat in the car and my face was like pushed up to the window just watching all these things go past as we travelled along the road.

Every time I thought I had seen the tallest mountain – we would go round the next bend in the road and there was an even taller mountain right in front.

As we went up the mountain road you could see right down into the valley below and I remember feeling a little afraid because I thought if the car fell off the road then we would drop all the way down to the bottom – it was a long way down. It’s funny thinking about it now.

I guess that particular journey was important for me because it was the first time I really remember seeing really different landscape from the normal things I would see where I grew up – so it was really impressive and I can still remember the colours and the different smells in the air as we drove along the road.



Can you remember a journey you enjoyed?

  • Where did you go?
  • What did you see?
  • Why do you remember the journey?
  • How would you descibe it?
Here's another similar IELTS speaking test cue card topic question and answer...

Describe a short journey you disliked.



More Videos


No comments:

English for Writing Research Papers
Academic Writing
English for Writing Research Papers
Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Guide
Academic Writing IELTS Task 1
Download Guide IELTS Band 7.0+
Essay Writing Help
Essay Writing Help How to write better essays
Trend of large shopping malls & less small shops
IELTS Essay Large shopping malls replacing small stores
IELTS speaking - personality
IELTS Speaking Describe an aspect of your personality
make your dissertation & thesis easier to read
Dissertation Writing Help How to make your paper easier to read
TOEFL Writing Topics & Answers
TOEFL Writing Topics & Answers Full TOEFL essay list
How to write a research paper
Essay Writing Help How to write a research paper

Popular Posts

FREE Resources

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...